Monday, June 28, 2010

Video: Passion Pit - "Tonight, Tonight" (Smashing Pumpkins Cover)



Sorry for the lack of posting recently, but I've been running around like a Anne Boleyn-ed chicken so just trying to keep up with my life. Definitely been sleeping on my promise to keep up with Levi's Pioneer Sessions, but I can't excuse not giving this one the deserved attention. An Edwards Scissorhands-looking Michael Angelakos lends his dreamy vocal/synth combo to The Smashing Pumpkin's classic "Tonight, Tonight" producing something that stays true to the original without abandoning that traditional Passion Pit sound. Should probably mention that, as a music love, Melon Collie and The Infinite Sadness is one of the most influential records for me personally so that may explain why I'm all over everything about this...



Download: Passion Pit - "Tonight, Tonight" (Smashing Pumpkins Cover)

MySpace: Passion Pit

No comments: