Friday, May 28, 2010

Wavves - "Mickey Mouse"/"Cool Jumper"



When Nathan Williams isn't breaking down on stage or getting in nasty bar fights with other indie acts, he makes some awesome beach-ready tunes. Here's two re-worked tracks off his upcoming record King of the Beach, which Spin already tapped as one of the 25 most important releases of this summer. Nothing against the low-fi movement, but glad to hear that Nathan has opted to make things clearer without abandoning the je ne se qua (maybe "loud") aspect of his jams. Grab both these and look for King of the Beach on August 3rd.

"There was a conscious effort going into this that I didn’t want to make the same record again. I already made the same record twice, with the same fucking cover art … It wasn’t overbearing, but I didn’t want to recreate something I’d done. I wanted to make something bigger, something stronger…"

Download: Wavves - "Mickey Mouse"
Download: Wavves - "Cool Jumper"

MySpace: Wavves

No comments: