Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Brian Fallon - Live on KEXP Radio



The Gaslight Anthem frontman hooked up with Seattle radio station KEXP to release an acoustic set featuring stripped down versions of a couple songs from their upcoming album, throwing in a cover of Lightning Dust's "Antonia Jane" as a bonus gift. Brian Fallon always handles these kind of performances well; his pained vocals and the bare strumming are a better combo than LeBron and Chicago (yeah, I said it). I was lucky enough to get my hand on an advance of American Slang...I'll post my thoughts closer to the actual release date, but let me just say that if you were into The '59 Sound, American Slang will not disappoint. Anyways, this session is definitely worthwhile for anyone eagerly awaiting June 15th so grab a copy for yourself below. Shouts to the guys at weworemasks for packaging this up for the rest of us!

Download: Brian Fallon - Live on KEXP Radio

MySpace: The Gaslight Anthem

No comments: