Thursday, August 20, 2009

Watcha Say



The last time I listened to the radio regularly, "Lose Yourself" was playing every 10.6 seconds and I was spiking my highlighted hair as to find a date to the 8th grade dance. But when I was out in Arizona, this song came on that got my "waitwaitwait hold up" stamp of approval. After weeks of searching to figure out what that diamond in the rough was, I finally stumbled upon Jason Derulo's "Watcha Say".

Borrowing a great sample from Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek", the 20-year-old Derulo drops radio-friendly bass bumps and a Chris Brown style to shoot the track sky high. The dude, who was writing credits for the likes of Weezy, Birdman Sr., and Stat Quo, throws in shit giving a Rihanna, The Dream, and T.I. feel all rolled up into one summer jam ball.

Gonna predict this to be the big end of the summer hit so get at it..oh and for the other member of the "Best uses of "Hide and Seek" All-Star squad, check the SNL skit "Dear Sister". Props to Shia LeBouf, kid's pretty funny.

No comments: