Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cover: Broadway-"I'm On A Boat"



There's something in the way my brain is wired that sends awesome pulses to my brain whenever I hear some post-hardcore band posted a cover of a hip-hop song. So when I saw Broadway, an actually talented group (kind of a contradiction in that genre), covered Lonely Island's introspective, politically-charged, "I'm On A Boat"...my spidey senses were webbin' out. Crunching guitars, over-used Auto-Tune, and mandatory breakdown makes this one hilariously cool cover. You can't get any better than gang vocals chanting "I fucked a mermaid". Check their myspace below, cuz you know Poseidon is looking at them...



Download Broadway-"I'm On A Boat"

Broadway on MySpace

"I got my swimtrunks and my flippy floppys, I'm flippin' burgers you're at Kinkos straight flippin' copies..."

No comments: