Wednesday, August 26, 2009

R.I.P. Ted Kennedy/Eunice Shriver





Another sad day for the Kennedy family as Ted Kennedy passed away last night at the age of 77. His death comes exactly 14 days after the death of his sister, Eunice Kennedy Shriver. Having a brother with a disability and a mother who works extremely hard to make sure children with disabilities have the same rights as you or I, I can see the huge gap left by the passing of these two. Ted, also known as "The Lion of the Senate", and Eunice, who created the Special Olympics, logged countless hours of effort so that people with disabilities had all the opportunities to share in the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness outlined for every person in our constitution. While I hope going forward, someone will step up to fill the size 1,000 boots left by Ted and Eunice Kennedy, I also hope their contributions will never be forgotten. R.I.P, Ted and Eunice, you will be missed...

Read "The Death of Ted Kennedy: The Brother Who Mattered Most"

“The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dreams shall never die.”

No comments: