Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Outer South



I actually feel like 2009 has so far been really good for music. Already got a couple records I think could end up in my Top 10 albums of the year. Definitely add on another with Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band's newest, Outer South. Another great set of alt-country tunes in the vein of Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, and Ryan Adams. Got a much more upbeat country stomp to it than the somber, Conor Oberst, which had much more emphasis on the solo part of the project. A perfect roadtrip album, I have a feeling this will be playing a lot in my car this summer.



BUY


To All the Lights in the Windows - Conor Oberst

Live Video of "I Got A Reason #2"


"You know a lot can happen after everybody falls asleep. Ask the forest fire, ask the cop walking on the beat..."

No comments: