Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lucy Gray



I know a lot of people buzzed about Long Island-based Envy On The Coast after they released their self-titled EP. I also know a lot of people shit on them after they released their debut LP Lucy Gray. I guess I'm one of the rare ones that loved both. I was really into Lucy Gray fall of 2007 and now in the past couple weeks I've whipped it out again and remembers how great it is. The more I listen to them, the more I hear a sort of Incubus influence in their music. Although not always reaching their full potential ("If God Smoked Cheap Cigars"), many of their songs are composed excellently and you can just hear all the thought they put into it ("Gift of Paralysis, "Tell Them She's Not Scared", "Mirrors"). Keep your eyes (and ears) on them, they're dropping new stuff later this year and I'm sure it'll be the shit.




BUY

"Mirrors" music video

No comments: