Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stay What You Are



Warm weather is consistently rolling in now and I think Spring has officially throw two sunny-ass middle fingers up at Winter. As I was walking around in the scorching 55 degree weather I realized what the quintessential spring album is for me...Saves The Day's 2001 classic Stay What You Are. Every "scene" band out now I can guarentee you was influenced by this record. The over-dramatic and, at times, morbidly graphic lyrics set over bouncy chords and machine-gun drumming was the first time the word "emo" (as the mainstream media knows it) was first thrown out. This record has some serious nostalgia factor for me as I can remember riding around senior year of high school blasting this. Truly great stuff.



BUY


Certain Tragedy - Saves The Day

"Even the most beautiful of roses must someday crumble to dust and fade away..."


This Is Not An Exit - Saves The Day

"So let a smile out and show your teeth cause you know you lived it well..."

-D

No comments: