Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stream: Blu - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Smell Them (Prod. Exile)























JonBarnes is a complex individual. He's got talent to the nth degree, but his erratic personality leaves him with the propensity to drop inconsistent/unfocused material and go M.I.A. right when he's hitting his stride. That said, I approach his newest Give Me My Flowers While I Can Smell Them with a palpable mix of joy and perplex. Below The Heavens is one of my favorite hip-hop tapes of all time, so naturally an entire album of Exile beats is a huge plus. But some of these cuts date all the way back to 2009. Hard to think why he'd hold onto a collection of song this top-notch for no apparent reason and then proceed to drop them without warning.

I guess in the end, it's the music that matters and this gets a major stamp of approval. I just hope Blu sticks around the scene for long enough to show some consistency. I'm not sure you, I, or anyone will be able to figure out why he does what he does. Maybe that's exactly how he likes it?

Stream: Blu - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Smell Them (Prod. Exile)

MySpace: Blu

No comments: