Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mid-Year Top 20 Records of 2010



I'm about to head off on a two-week nautical adventure with my family in the UK so expect a short-term hiatus from the blogosphere, but I figured what better parting gift than my list of the best albums of 2010 up to this point. All things considered this has been another excellent year of music for indie, hip-hop, and, well, music lovers in general. Hope you agree with the familiar names on here and give a solid listen or two to the one's you've never heard of. As always, leave the love/hate in the comments and I'll see you there or I'll see you some other time. In the words of the wise sage Aubrey "Drizzy Drake" Graham: "I just hope that you miss me a little when I'm gone"...


1. The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang



2. Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise



3. Local Natives - Gorilla Manor



4. The Roots - How I Got Over



5. Four Year Strong - Enemy of the World



6. Broken Bells - Broken Bells



7. Steel Train - Steel Train



8. Butch Walker - I Liked You Better When You Had No Heart




9. The Black Keys - Brothers



10. Minus The Bear - Omni



11. The Hold Steady - Heaven Is Whenever



12. Yeasayer - Odd Blood




13. Portugal. The Man. - American Ghetto



14. Wavves - King of the Beach



15. Vampire Weekend - Contra




16. Drake - Thank Me Later



17. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach



18. LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening




19. RJD2 - The Colossus




20. Crime in Stereo- I Was Trying to Describe You to Someone

No comments: