Saturday, May 2, 2009

Interview: Kevin Devine Speaking Truth



Take a peek at this new interview with Kevin Devine over at one of my favorite music blogs weworemasks Hits the mark on a lot of questions, especially where he comes from lyrically, his stage presence, and a whole other host of compelling questions. Can't say enough about this guy as an artist, a musician, or a human being. All around solid dude. Pick up his newest, Brother's Blood...it drops Tuesday. Be sure to stay on weworemasks too, those dudes are keeping on the best music.

"I feel like I am a fanatic writer. I write about the economy, the people, the fears, the lights and darks. The mundane observations, your internal crises, the things people do and the reasons they do them. I guess I’m in the middle of all of that. Also, relationships and trying to understand your own psychology, along with everything else. But all my records are about that. Each one is just a different cross section of the puzzle."

No comments: