Monday, August 29, 2011

Video: Young The Giant - "My Body" (Live at MTV VMA 2011)



Irene knocked my power out all of yesterday, but I was still able to catch some of the 2011 VMAs at a buddy's house. Overall a pretty disappointing show, especially from the performance stand point. Adele, Beyonce, and the dudes known as The Throne turned in solid, albeit predictable, efforts. But watching Wayne force "How to Love"; Gaga go over the top crazy (even for her); and C-Breezy redefine lip-syncing was dreadful. You know it's bad when Cobra Starship tops you, just saying.

One of the brighter moments, however, came via a band I've heard of, but never actually heard up until last night. Irvine, California's Young The Giant simply drew people in with a tight, high-energy act powered by charasmatic, and possibly inebriated, frontman Sameer Gadhia. If you missed it, check it out below, while I get my hands on their self-titled jaunt.



MySpace: Young The Giant

No comments: