Thursday, February 11, 2010

Envy on the Coast - "Numb"



Wowwww pleasant surprise here. I was one of the few people who saw a lot of potential in Lucy Gray, and judging by the small collection of new material they've posted recently, it seems like these guys have finally hit their stride. The good, but raw ideas you could hear in their past stuff now feels fully fleshed out with deliberate control. Lowcountry just jumped wayyyyy up in my most anticipated albums for this year. Go give this a listen and grab Lowcountry on March 30th.

Listen: Envy on the Coast - "Numb"

2 comments:

bedwettingcosmonaut said...

You and me are on the same page brother, Lucy Gray blew me away. I really believe in these guys, they have the potential to turn into something big. Lowcountry is definitely one of my most highly anticipated records of the year

David Sabia said...

Knew I could count on you to get with me on Lucy Gray, CJ!

I'm totally with you...they're starting to sound like a blend of Incubus and Glassjaw, which is a hell of mix.