Friday, October 2, 2009

Album Review: Eye Alaska- Genesis Underground



I'll be the first to admit I slept real hard on Eye Alaska. Seeing all the love showered down on these OC boys over at weworemasks.com, I knew they'd be nothing short of fantastic. Their debut full-length Genesis Underground definitely delivers, chocked full of glossy R&B jams and groovy pop smarts. Frontman Brandon Wronski stands out as the best new voice I've heard all year, carrying each song on the back of his outstanding range. Think a more edgy version of Adam Levine. In fact this band reminds me of an alternative Maroon 5. Tracks like jazzy "American Landslide", token ballad "Miles Don't Mean Everything", and pumping "Rocky Road" got the band on top of their skills. Don't make my mistake and go grab this record and try and catch them with Saosin and P.O.S. on the Pac Sun tour. Best believe I'm there.

Grade: B+

"American Landslide"


Buy: Eye Alaska- Genesis Underground

MySpace: Eye Alaska

No comments: